Ancient Australian Redgum Bird
These Ancient Redgum Birds, actually Wrens, are crafted from fossilised Redgums which are over 5,000 years old. Ancient Redgums were buried in the mud as the Murray river changed course at the end of the last Ice-Age. Over thousands of years they became impregnated with minerals from the gravels of the river bed, transforming the timber to stunning black fossil wood. Extremely hard and dense, it polishes to a beautiful shine almost like stone. The little wrens, in tail up or tail down mode incorporate some new Redgum for contrast, are life size and totally endearing. They are beautifully packaged and with the velvet bag comes a certificate of authenticity from the Museum of Victoria plus a neat card telling the story of Ancient Redgum. With all this they make a wonderful gift, certain to delight everyone.
- Tail Down: Height 5cm x Width 3cm x Length 10cm
- Tail Up: Height 9cm x Width 3.5cm x Length 7cm
*Note: This fossilised wooden Redgum bird is handcrafted, and as every piece of wood is unique no two wooden birds are exactly the same; the above dimensions and weight are approximate measurements only. For more information please see our Australian handmade quality guarantee.
- Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane - 2 days
- Regional NSW, VIC, QLD - 3 days
- Hobart, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin - 4 days
- Regional TAS, SA, WA, NT - 7 days
- Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane - overnight
- Regional NSW, VIC, QLD - 2 days
- Hobart, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin - 2 days
- Regional TAS, SA, WA, NT - 3 to 4 days