String-Pull Self-Winding Wooden Spinning Top
Based on an old fashioned string-pull design, this spinning top is a little beauty and being precision turned and thus perfectly balanced, it will spin for around three minutes depending on your skill and the surface it is spinning on. It is easy to master the art of spinning this top - hold the top in the air and grasp the stem making sure your fingers do not hamper the string. Give the string a strong but measured pull, not a yank, and when it is spinning place the top down on a flat surface - the string will have re-wound itself and the top will be spinning smoothly with a good three minutes to go before it even begins to wobble. That is enough time to put the kettle on and make a cup of tea (not recommended) and youngsters will be asking where the batteries go.
The tops are turned from Camphor Laurel and have a brass spinning tip for durability as they do a lot of miles. They are fascinating to people of all ages combining performance, design, historical interest and playfulness in one terrific little toy.
- Height 12cm x Width 7.5cm x Length 7.5cm
*Note: This String-pull Wooden Spinning Top is handcrafted, and as every piece of wood is unique no two wooden spinning tops are exactly the same; the above dimensions and weight are approximate measurements only. For more information please see our Australian handmade quality guarantee.
- Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane - 2 days
- Regional NSW, VIC, QLD - 3 days
- Hobart, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin - 4 days
- Regional TAS, SA, WA, NT - 7 days
- Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane - overnight
- Regional NSW, VIC, QLD - 2 days
- Hobart, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin - 2 days
- Regional TAS, SA, WA, NT - 3 to 4 days