Marquetry Chess Board Set
Marquetry is the art of applying contrasting pieces of timber to a structure such as a table or board to create pictures or patterns, in this case the squares of the chess board. Made by Max Clerteau who studied his marquetry in Australia and France, this chess board is a fine example of the craft with its border of Bird's Eye Poplar contrasting with the Oak and Makore squares of the board.
Marquetry has a long history in France where it has been refined and developed over the centuries and Max was lucky enough to have studied with French master craftsmen and his skill is evident in the fine detail of this chessboard.
- Height 1.3cm x Width 46cm x Length 46cm
*Note: This unique Wooden Chess Board is handcrafted; the above dimensions and weight are approximate measurements only. The photos above are of the actual Chess Board you will be purchasing. For more information please see our Australian handmade quality guarantee.
- Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane - 2 days
- Regional NSW, VIC, QLD - 3 days
- Hobart, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin - 4 days
- Regional TAS, SA, WA, NT - 7 days
- Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane - overnight
- Regional NSW, VIC, QLD - 2 days
- Hobart, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin - 2 days
- Regional TAS, SA, WA, NT - 3 to 4 days