Ancient Redgum Inlaid Photo Frame
The Ancient Redgum photo frame is a fine example of inlay work with Ash and new Redgum giving dramatic white and red contrast to the main body of the frame, made from the glossy black timber of fossilised Redgums. Over 5,000 years old, these Ancient Redgums were buried in the mud as the Murray river changed course at the end of the last Ice-Age. Over thousands of years they became impregnated with minerals from the gravels of the river bed, transforming the timber to stunning black fossil wood which is extremely hard and dense and polishes to a beautiful shine almost like stone. Designed to take a standard 6 x 4 photo, each frame comes nicely packaged in its own velour bag with a certificate of authenticity from the Museum of Victoria plus a neat card telling the story of Ancient Redgum. It makes a perfect corporate gift especially to commemorate a visit to Australia by international guests or stands on its own as a decorative frame for a special photo.
- Height 19cm x Width 1.2cm x Length 14cm
*Note: This photo frame is handcrafted, and as every piece of wood is unique no two letter openers are exactly the same; the above dimensions and weight are approximate measurements only. For more information please see our Australian handmade quality guarantee.
- Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane - 2 days
- Regional NSW, VIC, QLD - 3 days
- Hobart, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin - 4 days
- Regional TAS, SA, WA, NT - 7 days
- Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane - overnight
- Regional NSW, VIC, QLD - 2 days
- Hobart, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin - 2 days
- Regional TAS, SA, WA, NT - 3 to 4 days