Ancient Redgum Inlaid Letter Opener
The Ancient Redgum letter opener, its simple elegant shape reminiscent of a gumleaf has an intricately inlaid handle of contrasting natural Redgum in organic freeform patterns. Crafted from fossilised Redgums which are over 5,000 years old, these Ancient Redgums were buried in the mud as the Murray river changed course at the end of the last Ice-Age. Over thousands of years they became impregnated with minerals from the gravels of the river bed, transforming the timber to stunning black fossil wood. Extremely hard and dense, it polishes to a beautiful shine almost like stone and maintains a good, long-lasting edge for opening envelopes or cutting paper. Each one comes nicely packaged in its own velour bag with a certificate of authenticity from the Museum of Victoria plus a neat card telling the story of Ancient Redgum. An excellent companion to either the Ancient Redgum pens or desk clock it is a perfect gift.
- Height 0.4cm x Width 2.5cm x Length 22cm
*Note: This letter opener is handcrafted, and as every piece of wood is unique no two letter openers are exactly the same; the above dimensions and weight are approximate measurements only. For more information please see our Australian handmade quality guarantee.
- Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane - 2 days
- Regional NSW, VIC, QLD - 3 days
- Hobart, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin - 4 days
- Regional TAS, SA, WA, NT - 7 days
- Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane - overnight
- Regional NSW, VIC, QLD - 2 days
- Hobart, Adelaide, Perth, Darwin - 2 days
- Regional TAS, SA, WA, NT - 3 to 4 days